Fundraising & Grants Management
- Partnered with the Executive Director of The Women’s Building/San Francisco Women’s Center to launch a $5.9 million seismic retrofit project; hosted site visits with the Irvine Foundation and secured a $25,000strategic planning grant to begin process. The mural created as part of the renovation has gone on to produce new income stream through the sale of mural-related gift products.
- Team lead in developing a promotional video, launching a social media campaign, and leveraging earned media for a $31,000 crowd funding campaign; resulting product was voted regional “Top Innovator.”
- Tracked budget implementation across multiple school sites for a $9.5 million grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to provide data for periodic progress reports; successful implementation of this program resulted in subsequent funding of $24 million to further transform Bay Area urban schools.
Program Design & Implementation
- Designed and implemented the monitoring system for a government-funded pilot program providing mental health services to emotionally disturbed youth, thus ensuring uninterrupted services for our clients; this program is now the core service offered by the organization.
- Contributed logistical support as we launched several new learning cohorts for leaders committed to closing the academic achievement gap in urban schools.
- Recruited as Project Director to manage events and exhibits for the San Francisco Public Library, culminating in a multi-media documentation project; responsibilities included budget management, resolving disputes with our fiscal sponsor, and ensuring project completion within a tight deadline.